Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CSA Week 3

This week our pasta didn't show up, but that's ok because we got tons of strawberries! As for the veggies, we got snap peas, boston lettuce, arugula, zucchini, summer squash and radishes. The lettuce and radishes have been going in salad, but I'm not a huge fan of arugula straight up, so I made a pesto out of the arugula with walnuts, garlic, Parmesan and olive oil and put it in the freezer for later. The snap peas got eaten raw as a snack. Sunday we had some grilled bbq chicken (though of course it started downpouring right as Sam turned on the grill), with a side of grilled summer squash and zucchini. And for dessert, I made Strawberries and Dumplings. As easy as slicing strawberries. Even the leftovers were great tonight. Next time I'd whip the cream to top it rather than pouring it over though.

Tonight, we used the rest of the zucchini to make Zucchini and Chickpea Pancakes. I didn't have garam masala, so I tossed in some coriander and cumin instead. The curry powder was just a tad overwhelming, so I might cut that back a little next time, but its a tasty use of zucchinis, and very quick to put together if you have a food processor.

Oh, and with the leftover garlic scrapes from last week, I made some pesto. We now have three containers of pesto in the freezer - need to label them! And need some nights when we don't have fresh veggies we want to use to test them out!

No comments: