Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blogging Some More

I got an invite today to join a group Cooking Away My CSA, which may actually revive my blogging. Well that and the cut-and-paste feature on my iPhone once the new operating system is available. For those of you not in the know, CSA stands for community supported agriculture, where you pay a farmer upfront in the spring and then get to pick up a box of food every week in the summer and fall. We joined the Greene Harvest CSA in Fort Greene, getting veggies, fruit and a pasta share each week.

It started up last week, and my brother was nice enough to pick up the first share since Sam and I were busy swimming around Manhattan, with which me made spinach linguine with swiss chard, raisins and pine nuts, and kale and collards boiled and then sautéed with garlic and olive oil and japanese turnips over couscous. With radishes and lettuce in our salad and apples on the side, we used it almost all up.

This week, we got kale, japanese turnips, beets, snap peas, garlic scrapes, lettuce, carrot linguine and strawberries. We had some strawberries with scones this morning, and I'm thinking the pasta with garlic scrapes, maybe a soup or fritatta with the kale, roasted beets and turnips. Other good ideas?

No comments: