Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cucumbers and Squash Galore

Since I last wrote, the cucumbers, squash and zucchini have been pouring in. Which of course means cucumber soup! However, we still had cucumbers left over last week, so I made some pickles as well, tossing in some zucchini in the pickle mix since there was room in the container. Should be ready in a day or two so we'll see how pickled zucchini tastes soon enough. There was also some pasta with zucchini, bacon and pesto (forgot the corn). Blueberry buckle with some of our fresh blueberries. And yesterday, I whipped up some Vichysquash and Chocolate-Chip Zucchini Pecan Muffins to use up some yellow squash and zucchini. Still have more zucchini, maybe some more zucchini pancakes? Also have some cabbage and carrots, so maybe this recipe would be good. We should actually be home a few nights this week, so I might actually be able to go through this week's tally.

In non-cooking news, had a fabulous swim in an outdoor Olympic sized pool this morning - felt good since I was feeling sluggish Thursday after having been sick earlier in the week. And maybe I'll have more time for swimming and cooking since things have been slow at work so I'm now working part-time until things pick up. Hopefully that will be soon, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy cucumber soup will you tell me the recipe....
___________________
Britney
Online Marketing of your brand