Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ultimate Recipe Showdown

My new favorite show is Ultimate Recipe Showdown, even though Guy Fieri is really annoying. Contestants send in their recipes, and then are invited to compete on the show; they are given 1 hour to make the first recipe, and then a "speed round" of 1/2 hour to complete a second.

So far I have been inspired to make 2 dishes from the show; actually Dahlia mostly made the first one, which was Pumpernickel Pastrami with Rosemary Ale-Jus.

Then yesterday I had the day off and put together some Vietnamese Bistro Burgers.

I totally dig pickling things, it turns out.

The Food Network is on virtually all the time at our house now, between URS, Iron Chef America, Throwdown with Bobby Flay, Ace of Cakes, and the various "Challenge" spinoffs... I like URS the best though, the contestants are less polished, more interesting.

No comments: